Friday, June 29, 2012

Imaginary Dictionary: Life

Words run around in my head. Real words, nonsense words, word-associations, meanings, unbidden, thoughtful, random strings of letters. I think of this as my Imaginary Dictionary.


Life (n):
Fragile, resilient, changing, constant,
painful, joyful, unexpected, devastating,
hopeful, surprising, lonely, friendful,
agonizing, wonderful, improbable life.
Everything can change in a moment, in a lifetime,
with the wind, by a phone call, from a smile.
Life is constant,ever-changing,
adapting, evolving, surviving.
Life is a person, a bug, a plant, a doe, a bird,
the lizard who lives in the garage, a child,
(But not a mosquito. I refuse to include mosquitos
in the dictionary in my head.)

Lifetime is measured in decades, minutes,
centuries, years, seconds, millennia:
A bad day, a perfect moment, a magical year,
a crappy week.
Life goes on. Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment