Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Of Elephants and Donkeys

I wish I could just go hide my head under a pillow until American government is fixed. But without participation, things will never improve... So it's back to figuring out my vote; to writing to my congressmen about the disservice their partisan trenches are doing to us, their constituents; to researching the reality behind all the crazy scary polarizing rhetoric... And I encourage each and every one of you, no matter your political opinions, to do the same.

No progress can be made in fixing our nation's problems until our government can look at the whole picture of practical solutions, instead of sticking to high-minded ideals, and can work together to find a middle ground we can all believe in. If it turns out to be a solution we all grumble about, because it's too liberal for the conservatives among us, and too conservative for the liberals, then maybe they've finally found the perfect balance...

Just a thought.

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking that I wish this election was done and that we could either grouse or celebrate. I made up my mind, but it was with much anguish to be sure.

    Good luck with your decision and may the force of only good be with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get rid of Super PACs, set limits on $$ spent to a million per seat. Presidential should be limited to conventions and debates and some personal time on media speaking only about their policies and never about what the other guy's policies might do. Work together for the good of all and get the heck off your idea that there is only one solution and it is yours. The country needs honesty, integrity, and common sense.

    ReplyDelete