Friday, July 20, 2012

In a Heartbeat

With news of another senseless tragedy striking in Colorado,  I feel compelled to remind you - to remind myself - that there is far more good in this world than evil. Evil merely gets more press.

Further, I suspect these bad things get the lion share of the press only because it is the exception, the oddity, the arrhythmia.
There are trillions of good and kind acts, polite words, and smiles that humans leave in their wakes every day:  so numerous, so prevalent, so taken for granted as to go as unnoticed as a regular heartbeat. Think about the human heart: scientifically, it's almost magical that it even exists, yet its billions of regular beats are rarely given a second thought... only the skips, the irregularities are ever remarked upon with more than a passing thought.

That said, a human heartbeat is a fragile thing, rather easily stilled. My heart and prayers are in Aurora, Colorado with the friends, the families, and the injured.

1 comment:

  1. For me, it's not a matter of what news gets more press, or what situations might be perceived as more sensational. "News" is subjective to the viewer while remaining objective, maybe, from a true, honest and accurate reporter. As a citizen of this fine country, I am just..........hurt. It's an inexplicable hurt. Thank you Tisha for this post. You make me think. ♥

    ReplyDelete